The DuctSaver® Rollable Ribbon (RR) Cable features 72, 144, 288, or 432 optical fibers in a gel-free, central core cable design. This cable features rollable ribbons, the newest optical fiber ribbon design from OFS. To form these ribbons, individual 250 μm fibers are partially bonded to each other at predetermined points. The cable design features a central tube construction with helical strength elements for durable protection and superior coiling performance to alternative products.
Why the DuctSaver Rollable Ribbon (RR) Cable?
The DuctSaver RR Cable’s rollable ribbon design helps users to achieve highly efficient and cost-effective mass fusion splicing along with easy individual fiber breakout. This capability helps to simplify installation and save on labor costs. In addition, the DuctSaver RR Cable’s greater fiber density can help to expand the capacity of existing pathways using smaller, lower-cost duct systems.
The DuctSaver RR Cable’s ribbons may be “rolled” (compacted) and routed like individual fibers to facilitate use in smaller closures and splice trays.
In addition, this cable’s completely gel-free water-blocking design also helps to reduce the time required to prepare cable ends which can also help with reduced labor and splice costs.
With its ability to maximize duct utilization, the DuctSaver RR Cable is an excellent choice for connecting very large fiber distribution hubs. It is also highly suitable for use in data centers, FTTx and access networks.
• 12 fiber ribbon units featuring rollable ribbon technology
• Durable, highly crush-resistant central core design features with helically applied strength member system
• Fiber counts of 72, 144, 288, or 432
• Standard ribbon print marking with numbers and blocks for identification
• Completely gel-free construction
• RDUP (formerly RUS) listed and compliant with ANSI/ICEA, Telcordia GR-20 Issue 4, and IEC specifications for reliable performance
• Utilizes standard ITU-T G.652.D and G.657.A1 compliant fiber
• Optimized for fast, cost-effective mass fusion splicing
• Ribbon and sheath design enables smaller cable outer diameter (OD) and reduced weight versus comparable flat ribbon designs
• Superior cable coiling for simplified handling and installation compared to LXE designs
• Gel-free design helps facilitate faster cable preparation
• Added protection of central core for increased robustness and ease of midspan access.
• Offers seamless splicing in existing fiber network with no mode field mismatch
|N/A 144 288 432 72|
Cable Outer Diameter
|N/A 0.39 in0.47 in0.57 in10 mm12 mm14.5 mm|
|N/A 115 kg/km156 kg/km82 kg/km105 lb/kft55 lb/kft77 lb/kft|
Minimum Bend Radius, Storage Coils
|N/A 15 x OD|
|N/A -40 to 70 ºC-40 to 167 ºF|
|N/A -30 to 70 ºC-22 to 140 ºF|
|N/A -40 to 70 ºC-40 to 158 ºF|
Maximum Long Term Load
|N/A 800 N|