Lose The Gel With Completely Dry, Highly Durable Cable for Cleaner, Faster Installations
The OFS Fortex™ DT Armored Loose Tube Cable offers the robust durability and reliability critical to demanding outside plant (OSP) use in an innovative, completely dry cable design that remains lightweight and easy to install.
To construct this cable, the optical fibers are placed in space-efficient, 2.5 mm buffer tubes that contain a specially-engineered, super-absorbent yarn that delivers water blocking “on demand”. The color-coded buffer tubes are then stranded around a dielectric central member using the reverse oscillating lay (ROL) stranding technique for easy, mid-span fiber access.
Additional dry, super-absorbent material is applied to the cable core for exceptional water-blocking performance and faster cable preparation. Dielectric strength elements, a ripcord, and an inner polyethylene (PE) jacket are then added. Next, a layer of corrugated electrolytically chrome-coated steel (ECCS) armor tape is applied length-wise over the cable core to provide rugged durability. Finally, a second ripcord and a durable PE outer jacket are added to complete the cable construction.
Features and Benefits
- Totally gel-free cable design for cleaner, faster installations
- Easy to handle and install
- Highly durable and reliable for demanding OSP installations, including demanding direct burials, duct, and lashed aerial use
- Excellent for environments requiring added compressive strength and/or added protection from rodent attack
- Smaller, more flexible buffer tubes for easier installation and routing
- Fiber counts to 288
- RDUP (formerly RUS) listed and compliant with ANSI/ICEA, Telcordia, and IEC specifications for reliable performance
- Available with OFS AllWave® Zero Water Peak (ZWP) Single-Mode, TrueWave® RS LWP Single-Mode, and Multimode Fibers