Optimized for outstanding bend performance in demanding data center and enterprise network applications.
LaserWave® FLEX 300/550 (OM3/OM4) Fibers are 50 micron (μm) laser-optimized multimode fibers designed to support 10 Mb/s through 400 Gb/s applications in data centers, high performance computing centers and enterprise LANs with superior bending performance, enhancing fiber management and low-cost connectivity.
The fiber offers extremely low bending loss at both the 850 and 1300 nm operating windows, while maintaining excellent long-term fiber strength and reliability. LaserWave FLEX Fiber can be installed in loops as small as 7.5 mm radius with less than 0.2 dB bending loss at 850 nm and 0.5 dB at 1300 nm. This improved performance can guard against instances of higher loss caused by tight bends, thereby increasing system reliability and maximizing network uptime.
LaserWave FLEX Fiber extends the application of multimode fiber to support transmission speeds up to 400 Gb/s. Using low-cost 850 nm Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) transceivers, the fiber supports a wide variety of applications including Ethernet, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand and the Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF)Interface
- Designed for high speed, next generation enterprise and data center networks
- Bend-optimized, and fully backward compatible with legacy, non bendinsensitive OM3 and OM4 networks
- Industry-leading clad diameter, clad non-circularity and numerical aperture tolerances
- Flex-10® Coating for outstanding fiber protection along with easy strippability
- Supports network speeds up to 400 Gb/s
- Better macrobend performance enables better space utilization and more compact designs, while facilitating jumper MACs
- Enables minimal connection loss and low cabled attenuation
Multimode Fiber is designed to enable low cost connectivity for 10 Mb/s through 100 Gb/s applications that include:
- Data Centers
- High Performance Computing Centers
- Local Area Networks
- Storage Area Networks
- Central Offices