The Fortex 2DT Armored Cable is a 600 lb fully-rated GR-20 rated Outside Plant cable that meets the same requirements and specifications of our longstanding field proven Fortex DT line of products. It offers the durability, reliability and GR-20 compliant performance of our Fortex DT line of cable products, along with all of the benefits offered by a smaller and lighter-weight cable design.
Why the Fortex 2DT Armored Cable?
The reduced outer diameter of Fortex 2DT Armored Cable improves utilization of duct and subducts. In addition, cables with smaller outer diameters allow longer continuous cable reel lengths, which may result in fewer splices needed for a deployment. Over long distances, the potential cost savings created by reduced splicing can be substantial.
The lighter weight of the Fortex 2DT Armored Cable can help to lower cable pulling tensions. This reduction can result in (1) increased cable pulling lengths; (2) lower installation costs by allowing longer distances between pulling handholes; and (3) faster installation speeds. In the case of aerial deployments, a lighter weight cable can also decrease loads on poles.
By adding a layer of ECCS armor and an inner PE jacket, the Fortex 2DT Armored Cable offers excellent crush and rodent resistance.
The Fortex 2DT Armored Cable is an excellent choice for environments where a smaller, lighter weight and higher fiber density, gel-free loose tube cable is required, including rigorous outside plant (OSP) installations, demanding direct burials, duct and lashed aerial use.
• Completely gel-free cable design
• Field-proven, 200 µm bend-optimized OFS AllWave®+ Zero Water Peak (ZWP) Fiber for lower bending loss
• Reduced diameter (approx. 15%) and weight (more than 20%) cable1
• Layer of electrolytically chrome-coated steel (ECCS) armor and an inner polyethylene (PE) jacket
• Complies with ANSI-ICEA S-87-640 and Telcordia GR-20 Core Issue 4 and RUS/RDUP requirements
• Fiber counts to 288
• Highly robust, durable cable for long-term reliability and performance
• Smaller and more lightweight cable provides greater fiber density in limited spaces
• Excellent for environments required added crush and rodent resistance
• Seamless fiber splicing to existing 9.2 µm mode field diameter (MFD) fiber plant
• Gel-free cable for faster and cleaner splice preparation
*Attribute values given below are for the 12-60 Fiber Cable. For information on the other counts, please see the attached datasheet.
|N/A Direct Buried|Underground|
|N/A Loose Tube|
Aerial or Underground
Dielectric or Metallic
|N/A Gel Free|