The Fortex 2DT Light Armor Cable is a reduced diameter, GR-20-rated cable, featuring 200 micron diameter fibers that meets the same specifications as our field-proven Fortex DT Cable.
Why the Fortex 2DT Light Armor Cable?
Today’s networks require more fibers in less space. To address this trend, OFS developed the Fortex 2DT Light Armor Loose Tube Cable. By incorporating 200 micron optical fiber, this cable literally doubles the fiber count in the cable buffer tubes, significantly increasing fiber density.
The reduced outer diameter of Fortex 2DT Light Armor Cable improves utilization of duct and subducts. In addition, cables with smaller outer diameters allow longer continuous cable reel lengths, which may result in fewer splices needed. Over long distances, the potential cost savings created by reduced splicing can be substantial.
The lighter weight of the Fortex 2DT Light Armor Cable can help to lower cable pulling tensions. This reduction can result in (1) increased cable pulling lengths; (2) lower installation costs by allowing longer distances between pulling handholes; and (3) faster installation speeds. In the case of aerial deployments, a lighter weight cable can also decrease loads on poles.
With an added layer of ECCS armor, the Fortex 2DT Light Armor Cable offers excellent crush and rodent resistance.
The Fortex 2DT Light Armor Cable is an excellent choice for duct, lashed aerial and general outside plant (OSP) installations, including direct buried installations in challenging environments where a gel-free, higher-density loose tube cable is needed.
• Completely gel-free cable design
• Field-proven, 200 µm bend-optimized OFS AllWave®+ Zero Water Peak (ZWP) Fiber for lower bending loss
• Reduced diameter (approx. 15%) and weight (more than 20%) cable1
• Layer of electrolytically chrome-coated steel (ECCS) armor
• Complies with ANSI-ICEA S-87-640 and Telcordia GR-20 Core Issue 4 and RUS/RDUP requirements
• Fiber counts to 288
• Robust, durable cable for long-term reliability and performance
• Smaller and more lightweight cable provides greater fiber density in limited spaces
• Excellent crush and rodent resistance
• Seamless fiber splicing to existing 9.2 µm mode field diameter (MFD) fiber plant
• Gel-free cable for faster and cleaner splice preparation
*Attribute values given below are for the 12-60 Fiber Cable. For information on the other counts, please see the attached datasheet.
|N/A Direct Buried|Underground|
|N/A Loose Tube|
Aerial or Underground
Dielectric or Metallic
|N/A Gel Free|