A 50 micron multimode fiber optimized for low bend loss in 1 Gigabit Ethernet applications
G+ (OM2+) Multimode Optical Fiber provides high bandwidth and reduced bending loss for extended reach 1 Gigabit Ethernet transmission in local area networks at distances up to 750 meters. The fiber offers outstanding bend performance at a radius as low as 7.5 mm, enabling smaller, higher density fiber management systems in space-constrained environments and routing.
A cost-effective solution for 1 Gb/s transmission, LaserWave FLEX
G+ (OM2+) Multimode Optical Fiber offers low bending loss at both the 850 and 1300 nm operating windows, with excellent long term fiber strength and reliability. The fiber can be installed in loops as small as 7.5 mm radius with less than 0.2 dB bending loss at 850 nm and 0.5 dB at 1300 nm.
G+ (OM2+) Multimode Optical Fiber maximizes the potential of the Gigabit Ethernet standard while also delivering 10 Gb/s application support up to 150 meters at 850 nm. This capability allows it to be used for longer distance 1 Gb/s applications and shorter reach 10 Gb/s 850 nm applications.Features:
- Extended reach for 1 Gb/s enterprise applications
- Superior geometric tolerances and very low attenuation
- DMD-tested for higher reliability at longer link lengths
- Backward compatible with all standard 50 µm multimode fibers
- Allows Gigabit Ethernet operation up to 750 meters at 850 nm and 10 Gb/s operation up to 150 meters at 850 nm
- Enables minimal connection loss and low cabled attenuation
- Outstanding bend performance
- 1 Gb/s transmission in campus backbone, riser and horizontal applications
- Internet data centers
- Equipment rooms and short building backbone
- Low-loss cabling systems